Chris Carmen / April 29, 2015
It’s 18 months before your lease it up and if you are like most people, lease renewal and/or office relocation are the last things on your mind.
Timeframes may vary based on a number of variables such as the specific needs of your business, the size of the move or even the industry. However, there is a rough guideline of what you should be doing as you count down to your lease expiration date. Even if you are just negotiating a lease renewal.
- 12-18 months: Tour new spaces with a tenant rep or have them review your current lease
- 9 months: Summit request for proposals to potential landlords or current landlord
- 8 months: Pick your top choices
- 7 months: Evaluate terms of your choices
- 5 months: Start construction and hire vendors for modifications to your space
At CARMEN Commercial Real Estate, we work with clients across a wide spectrum of industries. We recognize the importance of taking the time to get to know your business and familiarize ourselves with your industry in order to help you achieve the best real estate scenario for your particular situation.
Our goal is to save you time and money by functioning as your internal real estate department and making sure you are thrilled with the results. Instead of having continual real estate issues gnaw away at your time, let us use our expertise for your benefit so that you can continue to focus on your business.
« Previous Next »