Chris Carmen / March 9, 2023
Chris Carmen began his commercial real estate career in 1985 with Duke Realty Corporation. While at Duke, his responsibilities included office and industrial property leasing, culminating with his role as Vice President of Duke Realty Corporation’s Indiana Office Group.
In 1993, he founded CARMEN Commercial Real Estate Services. His vision was to create a firm that specialized in tenant representation (negotiating leases solely on behalf of the client), free from the conflicts of interest inherent in traditional, full service brokerage firms. Since then, CARMEN has represented nearly 1000 businesses in transactions and leased over 3 million square feet within the United States, Europe and Asia.
Other Landmarks from 1993:
- $100 had the same buying power as $206.24 does in 2022
- Land development was at a ten-year low due to the the 1990-1991 recession
- The average price per square foot was $20, or $41.24 today
- Office vacancy was at 17%
- A McDonalds Big Mac costs $2.45
- Sears announced that it was eliminating its 97-year-old catalog sales department
- The average life expectancy in the U.S. was 75.42 years
- Jurassic Park was the most popular film
- The cost of a 30-second Super Bowl ad was $850,000
« Previous Next »